Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]
Construction : Web Exclusive | January 2013 | Source : Construction Update

Activists oppose FSI clauses in industrial policy

Some activists and lawyers opposed the clauses on floor space of index (FSI) in the new industrial policy announced by the Maharashtra government.

In the policy, the state government restricted floor space of index (FSI) to 1.33 in Mumbai and one FSI in the suburbs.

But in the new industrial area, government has also made a provision of floating FSI. Floating FSI is a virtual land that can be added to the housing project to increase the number of floors in a building. By using floating FSI, the emerging developers can construct skyscrapers, says the policy.

However, activists opine that the giving and increasing FSI should be done with accordance with the urban development department. They allege that it was a blatant violation of Maharashtra Region Town Planning (MRTP) Act.

According to the policy, industrial development can consume upto 60 percent land in the integrated industrial areas and the remaining 40 percent could be used for housing and commercial purpose.

The policy also states that the agriculture land will be automatically converted into non-agriculture to benefit corporate houses.

 
Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]